Amarnath Yatra 2014 Dates have been Announced. 44 Day Long Yatra to start from 28th June, 2014
As, you know that the dates of Sri Amarnath Yatra have already been announced. The Yatra will commence from 28 June & will conclude on 10 August on the day of Raksha Bandhan.The registration process will begin from 1st March 2014.During 26th board meeting at New Delhi,which was presided over by the Governor N N Vohra, who is also the chairman of Shri Amarnathji Shrine Board. The meeting was attended by Dr (Prof) Ved Kumari Ghai, Spiritual Guru Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, Dr Kapila Vatsyayan, Justice (retired) G D Sharma, Pandit Vijay Dhar and , Bhajan Sopori and all members of the Board.
Date for Start of Yatra Registration : 1st March, 2014
Starting Date of Amarnath Yatra 2014: 28th June, 2014
Last Date of Amarnath Yatra 2014 : 10th August, 2014
Following amendments have been made in course of Yatra
1. DURATION OF YATRA :Unlike previous year this time the duration of yatra has been reduced to 44 days only. In 2013 it was 55 days yatra.This decision was taken keeping in concern the safety & security of pilgrims.The Board directed that the CEO should arrange a special Pooja on the day of Jyesth Purnima which falls on June 13 this year. This Pooja will take place at the holy cave or any other suitable location in the Yatra area to invoke the blessings of Lord Shiva for the smooth and safe conduct of the pilgrimage.
2. NO OF YATRIS TO MAIN CAVE PER DAY :7,500 Yatris, except Yatris who would travel by helicopters to Panjtarni, will be allowed to register for the pilgrimage on per day per route basis considering the present carrying capacity of the tracks and other available infrastructure in the Yatra area.
3. REVISED FOOD MENU : The designated Expert Committee had revised the 2013 food menu. The CEO stated that this year the revised food menu will be applicable to all Langar organizations as well as to all food stalls,shops etc.
4. HEALTH CARE ARRANGEMENTS: Health care & sanitation facilities will also be revised this time again for betterment of yatris & measures have been taken to protect environment of yatra area.
5. COMPULSORY HEALTH CERTIFICATE FREE OF ANY CHARGE :Navin Choudhary, CEO, SASB said the format of CHC has been uploaded on the website of the Shrine Board which can be printed by an intending pilgrim.
The CHC can be issued only by Doctors or Medical Institutions who have been designated by the respective State Governments and Union Territories & it will be free of charge.
He stated that only a CHC which has been issued after February 1, 2014 will be considered valid.
The existing restriction of persons below the age of 13 years or above the age of 75 years and women with six weeks pregnancy not being allowed to undertake this arduous Yatra will continue.
For any queries do ask in comments.